Resources for the Year of Faith*
This list is by no means exhaustive. :)
- The Rabbi-Disciple Relationship, a video series by Jeff Cavins, reflecting on our relationship with Christ as the Year of Faith draws to a close. There will be 5 parts, 3 are up so far as of Nov 6 2013. View them on the Catholic Year of Faith website and join the discussion or sign up on site to receive the videos in your email inbox.
- My Year of Faith app from LittleApps. Just got this, looks good. Only 99 cents.
- The Pope will be giving weekly catechesis during his General Audiences during the Year of Faith. Read more at the National Catholic Register, Rome Reports. Read the texts of the Pope’s weekly catechesis at The Audiences Page.
- The Prayer for the Year of Faith is the Nicene Creed.
- Read more at the Year of Faith Official Website or at the USCCB, at EWTN at the Diocese of Little Rock, AR,** and many other places too numerous to list.
- Read Pope Benedict’s Porta Fidei (the Door of Faith).
- Read a transcript of Pope Benedict’s Homily at the Opening Mass of the Year of Faith.
- The Year of Faith, a Catholic Bible study guide by Fr. Mitch Pacwa (Kindle version or paperback).
- Read the Catechism in a Year, daily brief readings from the Catechism of the Catholic Church, delivered to your email inbox and also available online.
- Read the sixteen documents of the Second Vatican Council online at EWTN.
- Listen to Fr. John Trigilio’s show Council of Faith in the EWTN audio library.
We are all of us embarking on a journey, setting out into the deep. The Lord will guide us on our way, the Lord Himself Who is the Way and the Truth and the Life. He is the only Truth that is worth knowing. May the Lord richly bless you and yours during this Year of Faith and may His peace be upon you forever and ever. Amen.
The Pope guides the Barque of Peter, the Catholic Church, through a storm on the sea and defends it from the slings and arrows of its adversaries. His safe haven is to steer the ship through the two pillars in the distance, atop of which one has the Blessed Virgin Mary, and the other the Holy Eucharist. Description of a vision had by Don Bosco. (See both images linked on that page.)
*What is the Year of Faith? Pope Benedict has asked all the faithful to study anew the Catechism of the Catholic Church and the documents of the Second Vatican Council (see resources and links below), so that we may deepen our knowledge of our faith and of our Church and of our Lord; that we may deepen our love for Him Who is Love. And how else can our love for God grow if our knowledge of Him does not also grow? And how can our knowledge of Him grow if we do not make an effort to know the Truth He has revealed to us? And how can we know the Truth He has revealed to us if we do not trouble ourselves to listen to His voice in the teachings and liturgy of the Church He Himself gave us?
**Nope, I’m not from Little Rock; but our diocese here doesn’t have anything on their website about the Year of Faith, which is rather sad. Oh, well, I suppose our bishop has his hands full, trying to herd cats, I mean, trying to tend the local flock.
***Have been unable to contact artist for permission. If anyone knows how to contact him, please let me know. All links I’ve found are not currently active.