The late Pope John Paul II asked us to offer the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy for Five Special Intentions. Read more below. Also see the Five Special Intentions on a separate page.
I’ve been sharing this with people ever since I first read it in Fr. Frank Pavone’s book, Ending Abortion, Not Just Fighting It*, and only one person has ever said, “Oh, I knew about that already.” Only one since 2009 knew that there is an explicit connection between the Divine Mercy Message and Diary, Saint Faustina, and abortion. Below is one example of the connection:
“On at least three occasions, from 8:00-11:00 in the evening, she felt like her insides were being torn apart. She suffered so much that she thought she was going to die. The doctors couldn’t figure out what was ailing her, and no medication was able to alleviate her sufferings. Later, she was given to understand that she was undergoing those pains for mothers who were aborting their children (Diary, 1276).
And no one has known before I told them that Pope John Paul II gave his Apostolic Blessing on March 25, 2003, the Feast of the Annunciation to any of the faithful worldwide who would pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy to end abortion and the culture of death, and that he recommended five special intentions (see below or this page) to be used in the recitation of the chaplet. (This is also mentioned on the Divine Mercy website, but I had to do a bit of searching to find it.)
We should know about this. Priests should know and should be telling their parishioners. Pro-life prayer groups should know this. All Catholics should know this. Please help spread the word. And pray the Chaplet. With the Five Special Intentions.
Jesus, we trust in You — to end abortion and the whole culture of death, to build a civilization of love and to promote a culture of life!
Five Intentions Given By Pope John Paul II
For Use in Recitation of the Chaplet of Divine Mercy to End Abortion, to End the Culture of Death, and to Build a Civilization of Love. (The Five Special Intentions on a separate page.)
- For mothers, that they not abort their offspring;
- For infants in danger of being put to death in the womb;
- For a change of heart of providers of abortions and of their collaborators;
- For human victims of stem cell research, genetic manipulation, cloning and euthanasia;
- And for all entrusted with the government of peoples, that they may promote the Culture of Life, so as to put an end to the culture of death.
Learn. Pray. Trust. Love. Act. Share.
- Order prayer cards with Pope John Paul II’s special blessing and intentions for the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy to end abortion and the culture of death: Call 800-462-7426, ask for the special papal blessing cards, Code PLPC. (Note: the cards are not the easiest to read. Here’s an image so you can see what I mean.)
- Read more in Fr. Frank Pavone’s column on the Priests for Life website. Buy Fr. Pavone’s book, Ending Abortion, Not Just Fighting It (a collection of Fr. Frank’s columns), from Priests for Life. Buy the book from Amazon.
- Other posts in the Divine Mercy category.
- Get the free Divine Mercy app. Get the free Mary app. Learn more about the Divine Mercy.
Not related directly to the Divine Mercy congregation or abortion, but definitely related to forming our consciences according to Catholic Christian doctrine — Confession: A Roman Catholic App.