I watched Raymond Arroyo talking with Fr. Tad Pacholczyk (director of education for the National Catholic Bioethics Center in Philadelphia) on EWTN‘s The World Over a few days ago. And I was fascinated to learn that very recently researchers have had startling success using functional MRI’s to monitor brain wave activity in patients who have been in what has been called a “persistent vegetative state”, some for years. But researchers found that some of these patients were able to respond to questions with a simple “yes” or “no” as indicated by brain activity. The story was published in the New England Journal of Medicine on February 3 2010. To say that I was fascinated by this would be an understatement. Why aren’t more people making noise about this? Would this have made a difference in the Terri Schiavo case? I don’t know but it may make a difference in somebody’s case. I’m sure it already has.
Liturgical: Ordinary Time
Daily Prayer, Daily Mass
Tags40 Days for Life abortion abortion mill amwriting Camp NaNoWriMo Catechesis Catechism of the Catholic Church Catholic Catholic Church Catholicism Conversion culture of death Culture of Life current-events Divine Mercy doctrine economy of salvation ending abortion and the culture of death EWTN faith Gospel of Life health care reform HHS mandate human rights Lent Liturgical Prayer Liturgy March for Life Mass NaNoWriMo Obama Planned Parenthood politics Pope Benedict XVI Pope John Paul II prayer prayer vigil pro-abortion pro-choice Pro-life religion Rosary Rules for Radicals Saul Alinsky science Scott Hahn spirituality USCCB Writing Year of Faith
- Audio Bible Study Free Courses from Scott Hahn
- Scott Hahn Online Bible Study Courses and they are free
- The Catholic conscience, formed, informed and the difference between the two
- Audio, Free and Catholic
- Praying with the Rosary of the Unborn? Pray for Maureen Sweeney Kyle and Holy Love Ministries
- Catholic Bible Study
- Writing a Novel with Story Bible Using Scrivener and (soon) Aeon Timeline
- 500th post and a studies update
- Holy Ministry or Wholly Marketing, You Decide
- Joseph Campbell was once my hero
Expose Planned ParenthoodPlannedParenthood's network.